Published on - April 18, 2020
COVID-19 has spread quickly over the globe and has infected more than 80,000 people across 60 countries. In India, the number of cases has increased to over 3,500. Several health experts have been working relentlessly to treat the infected.
Doctors at AMRI Hospitals believe that the virus can be contained if everyone follows basic practices:
1. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, a few times each day. Use soap and water or a hand sanitizer containing around 70% alcohol:
2. Learn the symptoms similar to influenza, which may not develop until 14 days after contraction:
3. Take extra precautions and avoid open areas in case you're more than 60 years of age, or have an underlying condition, like diabetes and hypertension, cardiac problems, etc, as you have a higher risk of catching the infection.
4. Practice "social distancing": Stay 3-to 6-feet from others, particularly if they’re coughing or sneezing. Avoid social events of more than 10 individuals.
5. Continue taking blood pressure medications. The possibility that they may make you increasingly defenseless to the infection is only a myth.
6. Look after your health. Right now isn't an ideal opportunity to take on too much work, skip exercises, or overlook a solid eating routine that can debilitate your safe framework. Doctors at one of the best hospitals in Kolkata, AMRI Hospitals, suggest that dealing with your emotional wellness during this time is just as important as physical health.
7. Monitor your neighbours: Keep a check on their health and clinical supplies, and ensure they have individuals or associations who can help on the off chance that they become ill. In case, you feel that you have been exposed to the virus, keep at least 6 feet of distance.
8. Touch your eyes, nose, and mouth. On the off chance that you have some way or another to come into contact with the infection, contacting your face can assist it with entering your body.
(Government has made wearing masks mandatory so we cannot include this point)
9. Visit doctors if it's not urgent. The government is asking all medical experts to concentrate on crisis medications now. Travel if you feel sick. Even if it feels mild, stay home and rest.
10. Travel unless you're visiting a doctor. Health experts at leading hospitals like AMRI Hospitals suggest that one must call in advance if they are planning to visit their doctor.
AMRI Hospitals among many other leading hospitals in India have doctors working day and night to treat patients of COVID -19 and cater to their needs. It is imperative that we follow the rules laid down by the WHO and the Government to contain the virus.